Sunday, December 14, 2008

saracens and christians and freaks, oh my!

bouche bée, i'm not sure how i'm feeling at the moment. hungry, tired, excited, stressed?
the final crunch is getting started.
i am so bad at managing multiple papers; i finish one and want to go on vacation! in december i always remember why i shouldn't have taken so many classes. but oh, the pleasure of reading.
one of my professors actually told me i was "addicted to classes" and that he hadn't seen a "case as severe" as mine before. hmmm..... but if i didn't have class, i think i would vegetate entirely too much. i need a bit of rigor, structure and order. i know it should come from within, but oh well, i'm working on that. maybe one day i'll really be independent!! but then i wonder if that moment ever truly comes. so many of my friends who are already professors, with tenure, etc., are still not able to be as independent (free) as they would like; i wonder if it is just another elusive ideal. baahhhh

well, i should get back to work. i'm waiting for pizza to arrive, which is disgusting. i don't even feel like having pizza tonight/this morning, i just really need the liter of diet coke. it's sick, i know.

1 comment:

I got an "A" in Crazy Beeyotch said...

I'm in the last leg of my end of semester crunch (final deadline Thurs at 12 pm, then I'm on to grade student papers, but that's a cinch). As someone who is also addicted to classes, as you say, I've made an interesting observation this semester. For lots of reasons (that aren't particularly interesting) I actually only enrolled in TWO classes this semester, as opposed to my usual 3 or 4. And, come the end of the semester, when everything is due, what I find out is that while I'm doing essentially only half the work as previous semesters, the stress level does not descrease at all. It's like time and money, no matter how much you have, you use all of it.